SIAP SIAGA – Senior Disaster Management Adviser
SIAP SIAGA – Senior Disaster Management Adviser
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership in Disaster Risk Management (AIP-DRM) is a five-year program (2019 –2024) funded by the Australian Government’s aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program aims to improve Indonesia’s ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters and strengthen cooperation between Australia and Indonesia on humanitarian and disaster risk management issues in the region. The Program is implemented at the national and sub-national levels (in 4 provinces) though collaboration with BNPB and other government institutions, Civil Society Organisations and multilateral agencies.
Purpose of the Position:
The Senior Disaster Management Adviser will be responsible for providing technical leadership and management support for the design and implementation of activities related to disaster management systems strengthening and alignment of approaches to local resilience leading.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Programs 1 and 2 on Disaster Management Systems and Local Resilience Approach will:
- Ensure effective consultations and engagement with relevant BNPB directorates in the design, delivery and monitoring of program activities;
- Support the program lead in the design and delivery of program activities and work with the SIAP SIAGA team to identify and allocate resources (financial and human resources) required for the delivery of activities in area of responsibility;
- Provide oversight and quality assurance to the delivery of activities;
- Work with the Knowledge, Performance and Learning team to ensure appropriate and effective, monitoring and to capture learning;
- Provide relevant inputs for the purpose of reporting to DFAT, BNPB and other Government Partners, and the program Steering committee;
- Provide management and oversight to ensure quality and timely deliverables of staff and consultants in the area of responsibility;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key government and non-government partners;
- Support the program lead to ensure accurate and timely budget development and oversight in the area of responsibility;
- Liaise and coordinate with sub-national teams to ensure alignment and harmonisation of activities;
- Oversee the development of communications materials related to the area of responsibility;
- Prepare and deliver presentations as needed;
- Any other tasks as requested by, and agreed with, the Program Lead and Team Leader.
- Senior level disaster management and humanitarian experience working in Indonesia and the wider region;
- Demonstrated experience in leading the design and delivery of strategies with a range of stakeholders in the disaster management and humanitarian system;
- Experience engaging with Government of Indonesia and international institution (such as the UN, World Bank, ASEAN, AHA centre) at senior level;
- Demonstrated ability the provide strategic advice. Excellent presentation, communication and analytical skills;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and a professional commitment to promote a culture of gender equality and social inclusion.
To apply, please click here.