SIAP SIAGA – Communications Specialist
SIAP SIAGA – Communications Specialist
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
SIAP-SIAGA is a five-year program (2019 – 2024) funded by the Australian Government’s aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program aims to improve Indonesia’s ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters and strengthen cooperation between Australia and Indonesia on humanitarian issues in the region. The Program is implemented at the national and sub-national levels though collaboration with the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) and other government institutions, Civil Society Organisations, and multilateral agencies. The Program will operate in four priority provinces in Indonesia: Bali, NTT, NTB, and East Java.
The Communications Specialist, serving as a member of the program management team and reporting to the Team Leader, will be a suitably experienced and qualified communications professional who is able produce and implement a Communications Strategy for the SIAP SIAGA Program, and to engage on program communications priorities with the Government of Indonesia, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade communications focal point and other disaster management stakeholders, particularly the private sector, multilateral agencies, CSOs/NGOs, academia, and the media at both national and sub-national levels (provincial and/or district).
The Communications Officer will be expected to work closely with program staff and management to identify communications opportunities, and to manage the program’s communications processes and products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement of SIAP SIAGA’s 2021-2014 Communications Strategy.
- Manage the development of the SIAP SIAGA website.
- Build and maintain the program’s social media presence.
- Develop and maintain the program’s suite of communications products, such as press releases, program quarterly newsletter, key messages etc. Ensure that communications strategies address issues of gender and social inclusion, with support provided by the SIAP SIAGA KPL Team, GESI and DI Advisors.
- Support the Team Leader in managing and servicing the program’s Communications Working Group
- Provide advice and inputs to SIAP SIAGA support and future communications activity planning, as necessary.
- Provide analysis and technical input related to project activities as needed, including development of targeted communications campaigns.
- Manage the Program’s Information Bank.
- Maintain the Program’s Partner Database.
- Manage graphic designer and photographer call down contracts including for:
- Development and maintenance of branding guidelines and templates development.
- Development of content management guidelines.
- Finalisation of media and social media guidance.
- Prioritisation of use of design and photography call down contracts.
- Provide expertise and inputs to communications products developed by the program and its partners, in line with branding guidelines, content management guidelines and key messaging.
- Improve efficiency / alignment between program reporting and communications processes.
Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Duration and location
The initial contract period will be for 12 months with further extension based on performance and depending on program needs. The position will be based in Jakarta with possible travel.
- SIAP SIAGA invites applications from communications specialists with relevant experience and skills. Applicants must have:
- Degree in communications, business, arts or science.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications, disaster management or humanitarian setting.
- Good knowledge of disaster management in Indonesia.
- Strong understanding of Government systems and procedures at national and sub-national level.
- Strong understanding of actors or stakeholders and any available forum or coordination mechanism related to the sector.
- Strong communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English (written and spoken).
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and a professional commitment to promote a culture of gender equality and social inclusion.
- Open for Indonesian nationals only. Women and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Application closing date: 24 November 2021