SIAP SIAGA – Area Program Support Officer for East Java
SIAP SIAGA – Area Program Support Officer for East Java
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership in Disaster Risk Management (SIAP SIAGA) is a five-year program (2019 – 2024) funded by the Australian Government’s aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia.
The Program aims to improve Indonesia’s ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters and strengthen cooperation between Australia and Indonesia on humanitarian issues in the region. The Program will be implemented at the national and sub-national levels though collaboration with the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) and other government institutions, civil society organisations and multilateral agencies. The Program is currently being implemented in 4 (four) targeted provinces: Bali, East Java, Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB), and Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT) in selected districts
Purpose of the Position
Support the DRM Area Coordinator to ensure effective and efficient management of the delivery of SIAP SIAGA’s provincial work plan within the respective responsible area through application of strong project management including the internal SIAP SIAGA’s provincial detail implementation planning, monthly forecasting, project monitoring, and development of report and brief updates regularly and when required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with provincial and district governments in collaboration with the Area Program Policy Officer to consult and prepare proper SIAP SIAGA’s provincial detail implementation plan as derived from the provincial annual work plan;
- Prepare the detailed budgeting for the projects in alignment with the detailed implementation plan and provide monthly activity forecasts for sub-national consolidation;
- Provide analysis on resource gap and recommendations for potential resource sharing with the other stakeholders, primarily with the Government partners, for SIAP SIAGA’s activity delivery to build collaborative and sustainable program;
- Represent the sub-national and provide inputs in the process of design or development of KPL framework, tools, and instruments required to apply effective M&E and learning that aligning donors and government’s requirements and the program detail planning and operational approach;
- Support the area team in the application of KPL framework, tools, and instruments at the sub- national level and identify operational challenges in the application and solutions for application that relevant to the context and provincial work plan and align with overall program monitoring and evaluation framework in consultation with Area Coordinator and KPL team;
- Collaborate with the KPL team to develop sub-national evidence databases that are accessible and open for all relevant external and internal stakeholders;
- Provide inputs and recommendations and/or support for enhancement or strengthening of program monitoring both with government partners and internally with the KPL team;
- Provide inputs to support program communications and knowledge management
- Provide inputs and recommendations to strengthen operational supports for effective and efficient sub-national program delivery to the national operations team;
- Assist the Area Coordinator in the review of expenditures and budget allocation annually as well as on a monthly basis;
- Prepare the monthly analysis of the program delivery and expenses, internal monthly and quarterly report on the program, and quarterly report to the government;
- Support the quality assurance and compliance of the provincial program as required by internal
Palladium policy, derived donor’s policy, and others;
- Provide any other inputs necessary to support other activities under SIAP SIAGA;
- Provide reports and updates on project activities as needed;
- Participate in regular team meetings and briefings including relevant KPL and Operations team meetings and consultations;
- Other tasks as requested and agreed with the Area Coordinator;
Duration and location
The initial contract period will be for 12 months with further extension based on performance and depending on program needs. The position will be based in one of the 4 (four) priority provinces for SIAP SIAGA (Bali, NTT, NTB, and East Java) with possible travel
The position is open to Indonesian nationals who are ideally based in either Bali, NTT, NTB, or East Java, with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, or others related field;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Program or Project Management in Development or Humanitarian sectors with minimum 5 years’ experience as Programme or Project Coordinator;
- Good understanding of Disaster Risk Management or Disaster Management and desirably good understanding of DRM context in Indonesia;
- Strong communication, writing and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated strong coordination skills;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and Bahasa Indonesia.
Application closing date: 28 November 2021